Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Almost There

I am prgressing with the house packing for the "big move". The house my family lives in is on the airforce base; meaning we have to fill any nail holes and touch up on the paint. I finished the upstairs. I am not going to start packing the downstairs until after Thanksgiving because we have 18 people coming to eat here that day; I want the house to be homey. I could not cook or concentrate on entertaining in a bare house! I am glad the people moving in like the paint on the walls; or else I would have had to paint this whole house back to white. Who really wants white walls anyway? Not me! I am excited that school is wrapping up. It feels so good! I will be ending with great grades again. I honestly never thought I could be a great studentr. I did not do too welll in school during my teen years. I understand now that I was just truly not applying myself. I could have done very well if I had. Well, I know this now; better late than never! We are trying to teach my son how to walk. He will be one year old on December 1st. My husband calls it "daddy bootcamp" when he works on getting the kids to walk or do something else new; such a airman at heart. But, I am glad he will not be an airman anymore! Just a few more weeks left now and I get to leave this ugly city; Las Vegas. This place is rated 3rd out of top 10 worst schools in the country, last time I checked. The unemployment rate is the lowest and collection for unemployement the highest. The streets are a sight for sore eyes, and I cannot wait to see the peacful quiet country again! Ahh, at last.

2 comments:

  1. I am excited for you. Eighteen people for Thanksgiving- you are a brave girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. It happens this way every year, so I am used to it. There are so many airmen that do not have significant others and do not get the chance to fly home for the holidays; they all end up here. I like feeding them and making sure their holiday was warm. That is the big reason why I want to keep the house feeling cozy. Lord knows all they really care about is beers, football, and turkey dinner, but I try for the extra! I am blessed to be able to share thanksgiving dinner with a house full of our american soldiers and the men or women that carry them through. There really is nothing like it!

    ReplyDelete