Saturday, November 6, 2010
WEE WEE here I go all the way home!!!!!
So, I am having fun writing my 6-8 and 7-10 page papers for college composition and anatomy...NOT! Well, it is going just fine, but boy would I rather be doing something else! For instance, I have so much organizing and packing to do for this big move. The kids and I are flying back for the first week of December. My husband and my father are driving the U-HAUL on the 15th out of Vegas. I am going to miss my friends. It is funny when I thought I was staying here another whole year I was dying to get back east, but now that I am leaving in less than a month, it seems sad. It is sad that I will be leaving the family that I made in the years that I was out here with my husband in the Air Force. It is sad that the people who I consider my great friends will only be phone calls away. I will cry a lot when I leave. The adjustment will be crazy. Nevermind the change in weather and region, but the change in life that goes along with this move. We have been used to the military life. Now, we will be entering life in the civilian atmosphere again. Here on base we have all our own things, food store, mini mall, a place similar to walmart, a veterinary office, thrift shop, pharmacy, post office, church, library, banks, hospital, convenient stores, gyms, pools, schools, and even gas stations! Wow, it will be weird having to drive a bit to get a gallon of milk! But, I will rather enjoy the simple country life that I grew up on. That song by Antebellum American Honey reminds me of how I feel! Nevermind my parents always send us jars of fresh honey from their bee hive, along with jarred jam from my husbands grape vines! I cant wait to restart that life style. I will love the snow and then the spring and fresh garden vegetable and fruits. I am excited! Leaving the life I have lived for much of my adult life will be difficult, but in the end life is short and spending it with the people you love most, to me, is the most important.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Awww, that is a really nice post, brought tears to my eyes. My husband is in the Navy, and my best friend moved away two months ago. The thought of going back to civilian life can seem scary at times. Good luck with your packing :)
ReplyDeleteYou will get to have a great Christmas with your family.
ReplyDeleteAww, thanks Jan! I have been non stop! Considering this is not my house that I live in; rather base housing, I have to paint the walls back. Luckily the family moving in said they like the colors so I just have to touch up some spots. Prof., I will have the best Christmas; I can't wait!!!
ReplyDelete